Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Way above 210

H's blood sugar was way above 210.  I should be boiling.  He doesn't get why it is high.  He hasn't a clue.  He is beyond denial.  He asked me why it is so high and I pointed out what he ate including caramel corn, ice cream, baked potato, dinner rolls, string cheese, cottage cheese, orange juice and he said that was impossible. 

Needless to say, he felt like crap and took his heavy duty stomach meds and has been out cold and snoring since before 7 pm.  I am embarrassed  to say that I am enjoying some peace and quiet.  I miss the old him, but this sure beats the rage.

2 comments:

  1. You are not the only one who enjoys the peace and quiet when your hubby sleeps! Sometimes I feel guilty too, but it helps knowing I'm not the only one who feels this way. Enjoy the peace and quiet. 210 is nothing for my husband, who has even shot up into the 500's . . . thankfully, not lately. How can they not "get" that all the crap they just ate has sent their blood sugar sky high?
    Hang in there,
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. when they are quiet, its good
    sleep is good
    don't feel guilty
    enjoy...

    ReplyDelete