Friday, May 6, 2011

Feeling and Looking Like Something the Cat Dragged In

Hubby looks like hell today.  Pasty, hair long and everywhere, unshaven and a distinct odor from his breathe even after brushing and mouthwash that tells me he feels like hell.  No wonder after what he has been eating.  Yet, he managed to go out to do several errands and I have a rare precious moment of peace.

I have been up since three when he woke me using the bathroom.  I got up and got him something to drink.  Severe thirst is a way of life for him.  No rage last night.  I think he was so sick that he couldn't if he tried.  he has to go to the bank and is going to one much farther away to use the drive thru rather than have to walk from the parking lot and stand in  line for a teller.  he avoids walking as much as possible now.  he will rage if there is no parking space close to the door of wherever he is going.  he will circle multiple times rather than simply park at any available space and walk to the door.  I am expected to do his walking for him.  i am supposed to get whatever he wants, glass of water, shoes, keys or jacket.  his wish is supposed to be my command.

I am supposed to do it all.

Something new and very strange: He is obsessing that he may have lost some weight.  I do not see it.  He is terrified that losing weight could be a sign of cancer and imminent death.  he seems not to get the fact that he SHOULD lose weight to improve his health and survive.

2 comments:

  1. Small wonder that he feels horrible after all that he ate. I end up being my hubby's "legs" too. It is exhausting and also makes me angry that he ignored all the doctors telling him for years to "walk more" so that he could preserve the function that he had. Because walking caused him pain, he chose not to. Why do our DHs choose not to help themselves?

    As for getting the closest parking space when we go anywhere: when I am alone, I take great joy in parking as far away as possible, and getting the exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilly, I do not know why they do this to themselves. H continue to gorge despite not feeling well,

    I for one too prefer to park far away. My reason is that I do not like to fight other for parking spaces and staying away from the crowd is easier for me.

    ReplyDelete