Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Return of Kahn

I had trouble with 2 tenants yesterday and H did not like the way I handled it.  No rent and trouble evicting them equals one raging diabetic H.  The rage started about 8 am and continued until I colapsed in bed with my clothes on last night.  I just let him rage. 

H seems to get what has happened to our finances and is raging about about that.  What he will not acknowledge is that his diabetes and lack of working for years has brought us to this point. Our adult children are used to having wealthy parents and grandparents.  That no longer exists.  Our quality of life is diminishing rapidly.  Far more money is still going out than coming in and is not purchasing our old standard of life.

I slept until 5 am, woke, showered and he is still in bed. 

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! How long have they not been paying their rent?

    I rented out my house when DH and I moved for his new job. So far so good with my renter. We hired a company to handle the management of it for 10% of the rent. If she didn't pay her rent, I would be paying the mortgage for her to live in my house.

    Hopefully you are not having to pay out for your tenants living in your properties. Does it really take at least three months to evict?

    As if you didn't already have enough on your plate.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can take much longer to evict depending on the state. Yes, we are supporting these non paying tenants. They pay no rent while we are stuck with the taxes, insurance, water, sewer, upkeep and mortgage!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's terrible. I hope they either get out or pay up soon.

    ReplyDelete