Monday, May 30, 2011

ESCAPE

We had a holiday escape.  I have managed to hang on to a vacation home, clinging to it for dear life and an old boat as well.  I will not let go.  I invited family for the weekend including an infant.  H had no choice but to go with us and he wanted to and actually enjoyed it.  House is huge with no condo association or landlord telling me how to live my life.  The house had been closed for many months and it took a lot of cleaning but it was well worth it.  I had a great time, went out to eat, shopped, went out on the boat and played with the baby.  H and his gastric problems were to  his own bathroom..  I am already planning the next 2 weekends. 

6 comments:

  1. This house sounds like heaven! Is there any way it could become a year-round home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought of it more than once. I think I held on to it as a safe haven. It is paid for in full. It is far from good medical care. That is an issue for H and his problems.

    It is remote and the winters are very hard to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well even so . . . keep the house, if at all possible! Here's to more wonderful weekends for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lilly, I sure will try. If I had a choice, I would leave this rental and live there, but I have no choice when it involves H and his multiple medical appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's great -- glad you got a break
    aren't babies wonderful?
    they remind you that there is hope in the world
    hope your next two weekends work out

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, tomswife. I hope they workout too. I am sure going to keep pushing and trying.
    Babies are the best. Baby even makes H smile.

    ReplyDelete