Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Wrath of Kahn

H went into a rage tonight.  All I could think of was the old Star Trek movie The Wrath of Kahn since it was so bizzare, it was from another galaxy.  What set him off?  We have income property that is losing us $$$.  A tenant called saying there was a leak in her apartment.  I am evicting (in court last week) 2 tenants in the building for non payment of rent including the one above her when has been flooding the unit under her every couple of days even after I spent hundreds of dollars on plumbers last month.

H overheard the call and started to rage and rage screaming and yelling and of course blaming me.   I would not bite and he got angrier and louder with the tenant still on the phone.  I told him every thing was under control and that the water had stopped.  I was trying to keep my cool and calm him down at the same time.

He got nastier and said all kinds of nasty things.  He was screaming at the top of his lungs  that  I was mismanaging everything.  I walked out of the room.  He has been in bed mind you since eating supper at 5.  He has eaten tons of carbs today.  He does get out of bed to go to the kitchen to stuff himself with cheese and cracker, sting cheese, and who knows what else.  I do not even try to stop him anymore, since if I try to say something he flies into a rage.  I have noticed that he says the same thing over and over when he rages.  Anything can set him off.  The words are cutting and mean but then he has no memory of what was said or what it was about.  It is always verbal abuse never any threat of physical abuse- that is where I would be gone and he knows it. 

It was my misfortune to be in the the bedroom putting away clean laundry when the phone rang.  Note to self: avoid taking phone calls from now on in his presence. 

I wonder if our new neighbors in this senior complex can hear him. (Another reason I wish I had my house back, lack of space and privacy)  I told him that and he still screams unable to stop or not wanting to stop.  Tiny things become major issues to him and his fears seem to take over and control his entire being.

Another Saturday night for me watching tv and dealing with his craziness.  I'd take off and go to the movies but it is too late and he needed his second shot of insulin.  The inmate is truly running this asylum tonight.

6 comments:

  1. Update: gave him his shot and he was still in the rage. All he has done is yelled and screamed.

    He caught me crying the other morning and was concerned, but he just does not get what he is doing to me. It hurts tonight down to the core of my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you have to deal with so much! Easter started out well today, and then my hubby flew into a rage over (nothing?) later on . . . too angry and exhausted to write about it right now, but really know what hurting down to the core of your soul feels like. Went to dinner at my brother's house by myself today. Hang in there.
    Hugs,
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I was at this point about 3 years ago where I knew that hubby knew that if he touched me I would walk. But he was doing the raging thing every day. So in one of his rages I raged right back and screamed at him that he did not have any right to talk to me like he was or to say the hurtful things he said. I informed him that if he did it again, I would leave. The next time he did it, I got in the car, drove to Walmart, walked around for an hour and came home. After about 3 weeks of repeating my behavior every time he yelled, he got the point. He still has his outbursts, but they are not near as often. If it were to turn into a pattern again, or repeat more than once every couple of weeks - I'd go back to leaving him every time. Maybe you could try something similar. I now know where everything in Walmart is! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday was the calm after the storm. After the storm had passed, I told him that I simply can not and will not take the verbal abuse any more. The deal is that i will take care of him if he takes care of me emotionally. I can not stand the cruelty.

    I do not expect this peace to last long. I never know what will set him off next.

    I like your idea DW of going to Walmart when H rages. My problem is it is half an hour each way to Walmart or any store and then I lose time from work during the day. Night time involves being chained to him for his shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lilly, I am so sorry that you are going through this too.

    Getting way to your brother's house must have provided some peace and enjoyment for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sar,
    Thank you; yes it did . . . and then things took a turn for the worse! Getting ready to post on that next. Have been reading your posts. Wouldn't it be great if we could somehow all get together and have a "girls' night out?" Or maybe even a whole week??? Oh well, it doesn't hurt to dream!
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete