Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Another Long Night

H was up all night.  He was focused on his throat.  he has had thyroid problems for years, Hashimotto's, and swears that he knows when it is out of kilter.  He has not received the results of his latest blood work so I told him to call the doctor.  He got panicky and refused.  he deals with things now by sticking his head in the sand.

I got up at 4 and went into a filthy bathroom.  Double yuck.  I was scrubbing away as usual.  I think I ought to buy stock in Chlorox !!!   He kept escalating about his thyroid.  Then he started to rage that I was not "concerned enough "about his health.  Right.  Anyone have any sure fire ways to deal with a diabetic's rage?  I figure he was low given the hour, so I tried asking him to check his blood. (He will not do that alone).  It provoked more rage. 


I have to get some work done today.  I need to earn some money.  Worrying about his thyroid at 4 am is not going to accomplish that.

On top  of that my mother had a melt down at the home today.  That involved three crazy calls from her, a call from me to the staff and then a call back from the nurse at the home.  Just what I need, more stress and before seven in the morning too.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever written about the dirty bathroom.....but I am with you every step of the way. The absolute worst for me was when his kidneys failed 3 years ago.....just horrible.

    But I'm starting to think that maybe he is going to have to clean the bathroom.....at least every other time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never dreamed that this could be such a common thread amongst we sister wives. I have become a porcelain princess. I refuse to settle for less than spotless since I am forced to share it.

    To think that I used to have household workers who cleaned for me, No more. Too costly when diabetes is driving us slowly to the poor farm. I wonder if they have multiple baths at the poor farm.

    ReplyDelete