Sunday, June 12, 2011

Taking Back My Life

I got sick of him always being sick and called his doctor, the gastroenterologist.  he would not call himself so I did it.  I got around Hippa by leaving a message for the doctor to call him.  First the nurse called and in spite of H not wanting to talk, I put it on speaker and said to the nurse we are both here.  Say hi, H and he did.  I told the nurse all the symptoms and she called in a script for him immediately.  Within a half hour the doctor called back and I pulled the same speaker phone ploy and the doctor called in an additional script.

H ranted and raved.  I went and got the medication at the pharmacy and gave it to him 2 pills in hand like giving it to a child.  H hurt his back and I found out that back problems combined with a handful of Motrin that he insisted on taking does nothing for him but inflame his stomach.  He would not listed and call doctor when it happened 2 weeks ago.  I had enough and called.  Glad I did.  H is not taking all the medication prescribed but he at least has taken enough to get some relief and therefor I have gotten some relief from his illness and him

I took off for the vacation home again this weekend and invited some old friends for the weekend.  It was great.  I had pleasant company, good food and H was forced to take his meds to be able to participate in the weekend activities.

2 comments:

  1. Very clever way of getting around the HIPAA issues, by having hubby on speakerphone - I'll have to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete