Thursday, June 16, 2011

Some like It Hot

H is now like the elderly who are always cold.  He refuses air conditioning.  It is in the 90s today.  This morning he would not let me open the sliders and windows.  I was roasting so I went outside for my breakfast and then took my car and went out with the air on full blast.  He is already in bed.  It is 7:52 pm and I am hiding out downstairs enjoying the ac while he has the windows closed and the ac off upstairs.
 He looks like crap and I can tell he feels the same. None the less, I caught him eating tortilla chips !!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I have to sympathize with him, and I'm not even diabetic. I don't have thyroid issues either. I don't know what the problem is. I have always tolerated heat more easily than other people - and conversely, when other people are comfortable, I'm usually cold.

    When DH has the A/C on and he is comfortable, I have to go and get my winter slippers and a hooded sweatshirt. It looks more than a little weird in 90+ degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, if it was in the 90's, I would have to turn on the AC, at least for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do turn it on when he is not looking or I simply forget to turn it off.

    ReplyDelete