Friday, June 3, 2011

His Nasty Behavior

He refuses to acknowledge that his illness and lack of work and income are putting us in a bad economic state.  With the stock market declining daily and our properties declining daily in value, he blames me and storms off to bed.  At least it is peaceful for me when he retreats to bed.

I am unable to deal with him.  I ask him if he can do better and he just gets angrier., I am watching  my future security go out the window.  We are in a bad situation that is getting worse.

  I am unable to find full time work in my profession.  If I could, I would in a minute.  I am one of the uncounted unemployed since as always self employed, my inability to generate an income  now  is not considered being unemployed.   I am over educated, under employed and too old for this job market.

How many of us with non-compliant diabetic spouses are in the same position?  With diabetes being a raging epidemic, the have to be many.  You read about the cost of the epidemic on the nation, I see it as personal.  With many diseases, a person either gets better or dies.  With this it goes on for years costing spouses, emotionally, physically and financially.  I need to find work yet my life is twisted around his needs and demands and this damn illness.  The costs grow daily as do my losses.  Yet instead of getting it, his response is nasty behavior.

Would I be better staying or going?  I could wind up having to pay for 2 households with less money.  Conceivably I could have to support both him and me since he is disabled and has not worked in so long. if he were to go into some supportive living situation like his older brother, I would have to pay for that too and that costs a bundle.  I know, I am paying for a parent's care out of diminishing funds.  all I know is that I have had enough of his nasty behavior. 

1 comment:

  1. I SO understand! I retired 9 years ago (the day after I became eligible to retire - I had hated that job for 30 years!) and while I sometimes make the odd dollar here and there doing freelance writing, I don't have the health to take on a "real" job.

    I'll go on Medicare next year and I'm almost afraid to ask what it will cost to have me on Medicare plus a supplement, my husband fully covered on my regular insurance (as he is younger) plus our medications.

    And we are very, very new to The Land of Diabetes and I don't know how to play yet and my husband does his best to ignore the whole thing. Is this generally true of males as a species, or just the ones some of us are married to?

    ReplyDelete