Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pneumonia

H is now hospitalized with pneumonia.  He developed violent chills last night after spending hours yesterday having a cat scan.  He was admitted in the early morning hours after I drove him back to the hospital.  He is on iv antibiotics.  I got back home at 2 am.   Did you know that people with diabetes get  pneumonia more often than the general population?  Poor glucose control increases the risk as does longer duration of diabetes?  Just another complication of this disease.

2 comments:

  1. Just a thought, but my husband gets immunized so that he is less prone to get pneumonia. Sorry, I can't tell you the name of the shot, but it is specifically for pneumonia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband had the shot for pneumonia last year. it is good for 10 years but only against one strain.

    ReplyDelete