Monday, September 12, 2011

More Tests

H is scheduled for more tests Thursday and friday this week before seeing the surgeon.  I have a mandatory seminar for my professional license renewal those days so he will be going by himself.  I am looking forward to going to the seminar and having some me time away from his constant health care problems.  I have rejoined the working world and we a moving in 6 weeks away from this elderly housing.  I have rejoined the working adult world and left the elderly invalid world of hubby to him.

3 comments:

  1. Three cheers for YOU!!! I imagine you have probably faced a certain amount of criticism for reclaiming at least part of your own life and not being totally submerged in the world of diabetes care.

    I think it takes guts to do what you are doing, and not allowing his disease to take both of you down the tubes. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sugar. I finished the 2 day seminar this afternoon. It felt great getting away and being with others in my field. No medical krap to deal with. None of his demands. Just stimulating lectures and workshops. Great food too and I drank real Coke and ate "normal" food.

    Next we are out of this breathing mausoleum in 6 weeks. Fire alarm woke me rudely in the middle of last night and after work the place was swarming with cruisers, a fire truck and ambulance.

    I do not listen to any of that criticism. Those people do not have to live here and do not pay me to care for an invalid and do not pay me to share a bathroom with him. No way will I put up with any of this any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Good for you that you are getting out of that housing that you hate so much. You so need something to look forward to. Also congratulations on rejoining the working world. May you get back some sense of sanity in your day to day life . . .

    Take care,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete