Friday, July 15, 2011

Nothing Makes Him Happy, Anything Can Set Him Off

I can not remember an entire day that he has been happy, not one.  He is upset, angry or worse still raging about something every day.  What a miserable way to live.  If I break down and cry, he does not comfort me, he rages at me to stop crying.  My situation just get more unhappy.

Today saw some financial set backs.  What else is new?  It is almost a  daily occurrence around here.  He had the nerve to call me a loser.  I simply agreed and said that since I am such a loser, he must be a worst one since he has cost us so much and when  was the last time he earned a cent.  He has been nagging me and pushing me to earn more.  He earns nothing.  He is doing somewhat better with his stomach problems but he still lies in bed for hours.  He is there now.

I would advise younger wives to get out asap if they see what my life has become.  Some days I day dream about what it would be like on my own.  Would it be better or worse?  Would I lose more by having to maintain him and me separately.  Can i earn enough to pull it off while I am still losing so much money each month?

4 comments:

  1. You haven't mentioned (since I've been around, anyway) whether your husband gets any help from Social Security, either because of his age of his degree of disability.

    I worked for SSA for 30 years; that's why I always wonder about it.

    If he doesn't, it might be worth looking into.

    Take care - you SOOO don't deserve this kind of treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree: if he is not getting any help from Social Security and/or some type of other retirement or disability sources, it's definitely worth looking into. I say "other" sources, as my hubby gets benefits for his military service through the Veteran's Administration. Helps tremendously.

    As for all the abuse you are going through, you DO NOT DESERVE THIS! Just wondering: if you decide to try it on your own, why would you want to attempt to still "maintain" him? Maybe he needs a dose of reality without you and the money you bring in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilly, I was wondering the same thing - just saying ""Bye, Tootsie, you're on your own now! Deal with it!" But I was wondering if maybe that was just me being too harsh. But this "sisterhood" seems to be the place for letting it all hang out. We can say things here that we would probably never say to anyone else, let alone to our diabetic significant others.

    Thank you for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby has not worked in 1o years, therefore his social security check is very low. He will be eligible for medicare this winter.

    I called his doctor and the pharmacist in desperation today. They reviewed his medication and the pharmacist spotted a problem with too high a dose of one medication and the timing of another. It is Sun afternoon and I am seeing major changes for the better. I would suggest that you try this.

    ReplyDelete