Monday, July 11, 2011

Negativity

I am finding H more and more negative and panicky.  For example, I am trying to rent one of our apartments.  It has been listed 2 days and I have gotten a number of responses.  he believes we will never rent it.  H fears everything, highways, bridges, staying at our vacation home alone without other family members, going broke (despite the fact he does not work and will not try).  Everything is an immediate crisis and I must drop everything to do what he wants instantly. 

He constantly demands control of the tv in the living room.  He storms off to the bedroom if he does not approve what I am watching.  Being with him 24/7 now is torture.  His moods and rages set the pace.  I am self employed and have recently had to give up my office due to the economy and hate being home.  If I go somewhere H demands to go too.   I am looking for work in my field, any field with not much luck given the economy and our location.

His obsession with the dog continues.  The dog is allowed to do what he wants.  If I attempt to manage the dog such as getting him off of the sofa, H has a fit.  He is kinder to the dog than to me.  I am left to clean up after the dog who he will not allow me to crate train.

H has constant demands and gives many orders, yet he does nothing to contribute.  Insulin and medication last week cost over $500  from my earnings, yet his only response was he could do without them. 

3 comments:

  1. Is there a room in your house that you could set up as an office? (Or maybe just part of a friend's garage???) It sounds like you REALLY need to spend some time away from this guy or your will never accomplish anything productive.

    I do freelance writing from time to time and when I hang a plasticised skull-and-crossbones on my door with a clock superimposed on it, with a "DO NOT DISTURB UNTIL" and the hands are set for a certain time, my entire family has learned that Tyrannosaurus Regina is likely to erupt out of that door if my time and space are violated.

    It's a little drastic, but it has worked for me.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really, really need some time away!

    After reading your post, I am wondering if negativity/anxiety is a "side effect" of diabetes. My hubby has actually been diagnosed with anxiety disorder, and it is no fun at all for me to live with his almost constant agitation and negativity. On a daily basis, it is absolutely exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilly, my husband has that diagnosis too. I can not stand it to. I want to enjoy life and he ruins it. His negative mood and actions hinder anything and everything from our income properties to my work, to the place I am now forced to live. I wish I could escape.

    ReplyDelete